Applicant Terms and Conditions
Please read this document carefully. You must understand and agree with it to continue with your NNAS application.
Location of Information and Documents
NNAS has a legal agreement with CGFNS International, Inc., (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. CGFNS International has an important role in your application for registration as a nurse in Canada. NNAS will transfer to CGFNS information and documents that you submit to NNAS, including your personal information, and CGFNS will keep this information in its secure database. You may also be required to submit information directly to CGFNS. By accepting these terms you agree to NNAS transferring your documents to CGFNS.
NNAS collects, uses and shares your personal information only to assess your credentials for nursing in Canada, according to Canadian regulatory body standards
NNAS will use your information to do the following:
- To verify and authenticate any information in your application, by contacting any person or organization listed in it.
- To send your documents to any Canadian nursing regulatory body to which you apply, including:
- Any reports or evaluations prepared by NNAS,
- Any information or documents collected by NNAS,
- Any results and reasons for any action NNAS takes against you.
Access to your Personal Information
You can track the status of your application on the NNAS website at any time. You will also have access to your NNAS Advisory Report through your online account. You may contact the NNAS (in writing) (P. O. Box 8658, Philadelphia, PA 19101- 8658, USA) for copies of any documents in your file.
Any personal information you or a third party submit to NNAS, or that is created by NNAS, will be securely stored and in electronic or paper form. It will become NNAS’s property, and will not be returned to you or the third party. Any new documents created by NNAS will remain it’s property.
NNAS respects your online privacy. You may visit and browse the NNAS website without giving any personal information. However, you must register with a Password and User ID to enter the online NNAS application system or to check the status of your file.
NNAS uses information from site visits for statistical purposes, such as to measure visitor interest in certain areas, or to improve the website. We do not need to know your identity in order to do this.
NNAS ID and other confidential information
Your User ID, Password and NNAS ID number identify your personal information and application in the NNAS secure database. Do not share this information with anyone, as NNAS is not responsible if anyone alters your personal file.
If you have any problems opening your NNAS file, or if you think anything has been changed in it without your permission, contact NNAS immediately.
Your Nursing Education
You will only be eligible for registration as a nurse if you completed the education and training required by the nursing regulatory body in that province. It is your responsibility to know these educational requirements.
- I confirm that the information and documents that I have submitted or will submit to (NNAS) are true and complete.
- I confirm that any information or documents that are submitted on my behalf are true and complete, and sent in good faith - to the best of my knowledge.
- I understand that NNAS and others will rely on the information and documents I have submitted to assess my nursing credentials.
- I understand that if I falsify, alter or tamper with any document in my application, or if I alter or misrepresented a NNAS report, that NNAS may notify the regulatory bodies I am applying to and that my eligibility for registration may be adversely affected. I understand that NNAS may cancel my application without a refund and ban or suspend me from re-applying.
- I understand that my records will be kept in my NNAS file, and will be sent to a regulatory body for any new application I make to NNAS in the future.
- I understand that NNAS does not offer refunds for cancelled or incomplete applications.
- I understand that my account will expire if NNAS does not receive all of my required documents within 12 months, and that there is a fee to re-activate an expired account.
I HAVE READ,
UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE WITH THE ATTACHED TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND I ACCEPT THAT BY
PRESSING "ACCEPT" BELOW, I am providing a LEGALLY BINDING electronic